Monday, April 10, 2006

The Temple

Isaiah 56:7
"Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on My altar; For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations."

Jeremiah 7:11
"Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it." says the Lord

Mark 15-17
So they came to Jerusalem. Then Jesus went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changes and the seats of those who sold doves. And He would not allow anyone to carry wares through the temple. Then he taught, saying to them, "Is it not written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it a 'den of thieves'"

No comments: