Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tak!



Okay...back from Poland. Wow. what a trip. It will take some time for all of my thoughts to leak out. I met some amazing people, and really saw God work in the lives of everybody involved. I have some mad pictures to get developed, and maybe will have to start up a new site just to make them available. I helped with the fotografia workshop, so atleast we have some cool shots from that I can put up sooner.

My first real thought is how it is so different to live in an area with a lot of different languages very close together. Living in Maryland Mexico is so far off, but in Europe you dont have to go far to get into another language area. Reminds me of how God spread people out from the Tower of Babel, and why He did that. Think of how things went in Europe whenever rulers attempted to unify everybody in language and culture!? The diversity and uniqueness to each European nation should be celebrated as its own. I'm excited to be able to learn about Poland and become a part of its culture in some way. I'll have some good stories along the way, but for the big picture scoop, click on Hop's blog to the right.

2 comments:

amy said...

Back to the grind...

Hop's last words sum up my remaining thoughts of the trip...

"Yet at the same time, coming back means the end of some intense time with God and with one another. The challenge is always – how do we live like this at home?"

Brian said...

yeah, that will be a challenge on some days, but others, not so much. I'm excited to be more bold with my faith. We have so many chances to share God's love, as you know every day is a chance to serve.